Africa Day is a Cultural festival which is a fun and educational family day. There will be many performances and activities on offer including:
- Traditional and modern African music and performances from around the continent
- African Food Stalls
- Arts and Crafts
- Kids Activities
- Information and community stalls
Thanks to our our sponsors, who have supported in us making this event free!
Date: Saturday 7 Nov, 2020
Venue: Shed 6, Queens Wharf, Jervious Quay (Wellington Waterfront)
Time: 12noon – 7:00pm
AFRICA DAY 2020 PROGRAM
11.50 AM – DOOR OPEN.
11.55 AM – MIHI
11.58 AM – TENDEKAI OPEN SPEECH
12.00 NOON – AFRICAN & NEW ZEALANDER DRUMMERS
12.03 PM – CAPOEIRA RESISTENCIA
12.10 PM – LALA SAMPSON AND CHOIR
12.22 PM – ELECTRIC SOUL DUO
12.46 PM – MAZZIKA DUM EGYPTIAN DRUMMERS
12.59 PM – MANAWATAKI DRUMMERS
1.14 PM – CHINA CULTURAL CENTRE NZ
1.25 PM – RAS JUDAH & CULTURE EMBASSY
2.10 PM – EMMANZ 1 HIP HOP/ RAP ARSTIST FROM NIGERIA
2.25 PM – LUO CULTURAL DANCE GROUP
2.35 PM – TAKUDZWA
2.50 PM – THE OFFICIAL SPEECHES AND PHOTOS
3.20 PM – SAM MANZANZA & AFRO BEAT BAND
4.05 PM – NZ POLICE
4.15 PM – ANAYIBI & C – 26
5.00 PM – AFRICAN CULTURAL FASHION PARADA
5.20 PM – AFROCONGONZ DANCE GROUP
5.30 PM – KOFFIE FUGAH, KUBATANA & MORINGA DANCERS
6.00 PM – TIYANNA MICHELLE HIP HOP ARSTIST ZIMBABWE
6.15 PM – DJ. AFRICAN DANCE COMPETITION. Lead by MADELLA
7.OO PM – THE END
There will be an After Party at El Barrio from 9pm with an amazing lineup of entertainment!
Here’s the plan:
- From 9:30pm: Kubatana & the Moringa Dancers. Wellington based drum and dance ensemble, influenced by West African music and culture. Featuring special guest, master drummer Koffie Fugah!
- 10:30pm: Sam Manzanza’s Afrobeats Band. Sam will be performing his Infectious, Hot, Spicy, High Energy music originating from tribal Afrobeats to make you feel magic, love, peace, and positive vibes.
- Midnight onwards: – DJ Dozen, who be playing a fusion of Latino rhythms and AfroBeats!
A VIDEO OF LAST YEAR’S EVENT
Thank you to all who celebrated this event with us!
Here are some of the pictures from the event.